IOOA is the representative organisation for companies licensed to explore for, and produce, oil and gas in Irish waters. Previously an informal group (the Irish Offshore Operators’ Group), the Association was formally established in 1995. Its members represent multinational and Irish companies. IOOA has a number of sub-committees that draw upon key industry experts to inform the work of the Association.
Did You Know?
Pioneering research work on understanding the geological development of deep water basins has been carried out in Irish academic institutions supported by funding from the petroleum industry.
At IOOA, we work to:
- Represent the interests of oil and gas companies licensed to operate in the Irish offshore
- Promote the economic and social contribution of the oil and gas sector in Ireland
- Facilitate dialogue with key stakeholders on key issues that relate to the oil and gas sector
- Partner with international counterparts to help maintain appropriate and up-to-date standards for oil and gas exploration
- Educate about the role of oil and gas in the energy mix, as well as promote and support appropriate research
Mandy Johnston is Chief Executive of IOOA. Ms. Johnston has previously held the position of Irish Government Press Secretary, Government Advisor at Department of An Taoiseach, Press Director at the Department of Finance, Dublin City University, The Irish League of Credit Unions and the Football Association of Ireland. She started up a communications consultancy in 2017 and is a former political columnist for the Irish Independent. She has a strong reputation for developing, managing and executing strategies at the highest levels of Government and business in Ireland and a dynamic record in complex strategic consumer communications and stakeholder campaigns from creation and development phase to delivery.