IOOA is the representative organisation for companies licensed to explore for, and produce, oil and gas in Irish waters. Previously an informal group (the Irish Offshore Operators’ Group), the Association was formally established in 1995. It currently has 15 members representing multinational and Irish companies. IOOA has a number of sub-committees that draw upon key industry experts to inform the work of the Association.
Did You Know?
Pioneering research work on understanding the geological development of deep water basins has been carried out in Irish academic institutions supported by funding from the petroleum industry.
At IOOA, we work to:
- Represent the interests of oil and gas companies licensed to operate in the Irish offshore
- Promote the economic and social contribution of the oil and gas sector in Ireland
- Facilitate dialogue with key stakeholders on key issues that relate to the oil and gas sector
- Partner with international counterparts to help maintain appropriate and up-to-date standards for oil and gas exploration
- Educate about the role of oil and gas in the energy mix, as well as promote and support appropriate research